Some interesting information about basketball and basketball players:
- Basketball was invented in 1891 in the United States. James Naismith, a gymnast, created the game as a sporting pastime for his students.
- The tallest basketball player in NBA history is George Mooresan. He is 231 cm (7 feet 7 inches) tall.
- Michael Jordan is considered one of the best basketball players of all time. He’s won the NBA championship 6 times, won the Finals MVP award 5 times and was awarded the season MVP title 5 times.
- The US men’s basketball team dominated the Olympics. They have won gold medals in 15 of the 18 Olympics in which they have participated.
- Kareem Abdul-Jabbar is the highest-scoring player in NBA history. He scored 38,387 points in his career.
- The highest single-game score in NBA history belongs to Wilt Chamberlain. In 1962, he scored 100 points in his team’s game.
- Basketball player LeBron James became the youngest player to score 30,000 points in an NBA career. He managed to reach that mark at 33 years and 24 days.
- At the 1992 Olympic Games in Barcelona, the US team presented the so-called “Dream Team”, which included legendary players such as Michael Jordan, Magic Johnson, Larry Bird and others. They triumphed and won gold medals.
These are just some interesting facts about basketball and its famous representatives. Basketball is a fascinating and exciting sport that amazes with its dynamism and the incredible achievements of its players.
The smallest basketball player in NBA history
The smallest basketball player in NBA (National Basketball Association) history is Tyler Uhliss. He was selected in the 2016 NBA Draft by the Phoenix Suns, and is around 1.78 metres (5ft 10in) tall. Despite his short stature, Ullis has proven to be a talented and aggressive player. He spent several seasons in the NBA, playing for various teams, including the Phoenix Suns, Chicago Bulls and Golden State Warriors.